Sunday, January 17, 2010
The Start of the Weekend!
So Friday morning I went to my first seminar (for the Glorious Revolution), which was fine, but the conversation was dominated by 6 people in the class. I actually understood what was going on for the most part and the professor was really good about explaining things, so it was overall a success! I then went back to my room and relaxed for a bit and then I ended up hanging out with some Clarkies later. It was a relaxed Friday overall, but still very fun! Then on Saturday I had to wake up at 7:15 (ugh) to get ready to go to LONDON! I met Gwen at 8 and we walked to the bus which didn't end up leaving until 8:45 because some people were really late. The bus ride was about 2 hours long and the tour guide talked for about half of it about the history of London and Brighton, including information about the Romans, Saxons, Norwegians, etc. Then we finally got in to the main part of London where we took a quick bathroom break and then got back on the bus to start the actual sightseeing tour. I didn't take any pictures because I'm going back this coming weekend to spend more time with LISA LESKO so we're going to walk around and get pictures that aren't from the inside of a bus. Anyway, we saw Westminster Abby, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Millennium Bridge, the London Eye, lots of parks, Big Ben, the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and tons of other London sites (which I can't wait to go back and explore further)!!! I love London, so this was a great experience for me, I only wish we could have gone in some of the places (but we were on a time limit so it was completely understandable). Anyway, we ended the tour at about 12 so I called Lisa and asked for her and her friend to meet Gwen and I at Covent Garden. While we were waiting for Lisa we listened to members of Oxfam performing opera which was amazing and I bought some English tea since it was freezing. We met Lisa, her friend, another one of her friends who actually goes to Sussex and two of her friends and then all seven of us walked to breakfast. We had to wait a long time (probably a half hour), but the food was delicious! I had pancakes and streaky bacon (Canadian bacon) which were awesome and filled me up for a long time! After that we walked to the British Museum!!!!!!!! We spent a lot of time in the Egyptian section admiring things like the Rosetta Stone and various other Egyptian artifacts that were really cool! Then we went to the Greek and Roman exhibits and saw a temple, lots of pottery, and what I think were the Elgian marbles. We finished off our British Museum tour with a bit of the clock exhibit and Medieval Europe exhibit (which were awesome) and then we headed back to where the bus was going to pick us up. I got a hot chocolate and the whole group just relaxed for a bit and then Gwen and I separated and got back on the bus. We got back to campus around 7pm and I went back to my room for a bit to dry off and then I met up with some Clarkies to go out to dinner. We ended up wandering around Brighton for a while before deciding on an Italian restaurant where I shared a salad and garlic bread with Anna and I chose a plate of Italian pasta with tomato sauce to eat. It was really good! After that, we just hung out for a while and then we came back to campus where we split up and I got to talk to mom on Skype! We talked for about a half an hour and it was awesome!!! Then I was really tired (because of the early morning) so I went to bed. Overall, I've had a really fun weekend so far and I think a couple people are going into Brighton today to take pictures of everything, so I'll have more pictures next time! And I'll be able to describe Brighton and my actual campus further!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








I'm totally creeping on your blog, btw. Pahaha. I love you Carey Bibb!!! We will have a ton of stories this weekend. :D
ReplyDeleteAwesome pictures and great descriptions of your tour. Thanks for continuing your conversations with all of us.
ReplyDeleteMore hugs, ABSue