Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Exhausted...
Later on Monday I went to my third Glorious Revolution lecture which was about Whig politics before the Revolution and basically about how they didn't get what they wanted. Then I went to the grocery store with Anna and Riley to get food (I needed a lot of it). While we didn't end up going to Sainsburys because of transportation issues, we went to a really nice grocery store that was in the streets of Brighton so I was able to get things like: potatoes, kiwis, tissues, turkey, rice, etc. After that I came back to my room and just planned on relaxing in my room, but I met a really nice girl named Kitty who came to my flat to see if one of her flatmates was there. I ended up going over to her place (only a couple of flats above mine) for a couple of hours where we just chatted and drank tea. Overall it was a very successful night and I was very glad that we had that chance encounter because I feel like I've been mostly hanging out with Americans (which is wonderful, but I am in England after all). After that, I Skyped with mom for a while which was fantastic because, even though I'm not homesick, it's always nice to find out about home and to just talk. Then I went to sleep and woke up the next morning at 11:30!!!!!!!! Oh how I love sleeping in...Anyway, then I got ready, took a shower, etc (it was a very lazy morning) and then at 2 I went to the Re-Fresher's fair with Anna, Gwen, and Riley. I signed up for tons of clubs including kickboxing, dance (many kinds including swing, salsa, and a dance group with multiple kinds of dance including TAP!), theatre (while I can't be involved this term, I'm planning on auditioning during summer term), amnesty international, rock/alternative music appreciation, etc. I'm sure I'm only going to end up doing some of those things, but it's nice to have the option of lots and lots of clubs. It'll be much more exciting than just sitting and doing homework/watching tv online all of the time. Anyway, after the fair I bought some fresh vegetables from this stand outside of the building where the fair was and then I met up with Molly and Jean and we headed into Brighton! We went to Primark where I bought boots that will be suitable for rain (they were only 5 pounds, so it's not like they'll last forever, but we'll see) so now I just need a raincoat for cheap. Anyway, then Molly got some part of her ear pierced (there was a very specific name for that part but I don't remember it) and it looked really good. Then we made our way to ASDA where I bought cooking gear! Finally I can cook my own food without worrying about whether my flatmates will need their pots and pans!!!!!!!! I also got some cereal, nail polish, lotion, pepper, etc. Then I came back to my flat and made pasta and garlic bread which was fantastic and then I went to Kitty's flat to meet some of her friends. Everyone I met was really nice and we just hung out for many, many hours. It was ridiculously late when I got back (well, not too bad but since I had a 9am this morning it was bad), but it was completely worth it because I got to meet a lot of new people (we're hanging out again on Thursday). Overall, it was a really fun night and I'm definitely glad it happened! Then this morning I had two lectures which were alright (Kristallnact and Abnormal and Clinical), but they were way too early. Since then, I've had lunch (which included fresh strawberries I got from the vegetable stand yesterday and were AMAZING) and I watched the episode of Scrubs that was on last night. I don't even know why I still watch it because it's so bad and I am not a fan of most of the new cast, but some bad shows are the best of them all because they're so much fun to make fun of. Anyway, I'm off to read for class and such before going to bed early tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment