Monday, January 25, 2010

Aaaaaand...PICTURES!


This reminded me of Harry Potter so I had to take the picture! I wish people would walk through American trains and carry snacks...


Big Ben and Parliament! It wasn't the sunniest day, so it's kind of foggy, but it was absolutely stunning!


Haha I needed to take this picture because it's the same McDonald's that mom and I went to when we came to England years ago. We didn't end up going to it during this trip, but I felt that a picture needed to be taken.


Boudica! One of the most fearsome and awesome women in all of history! The statue is right next to Big Ben.


The black house that you can kind of see behind the gate is the Prime Minister's House! This was the best possible picture I could take, so you will all have to be satisfied with it.


Random guard...the guards with the tall hats apparently are not within hassling distance anymore because one of them attacked a tourist...yikes!


We walked through a really pretty park that had tons of birds, so here's a small sampling of them.


Buckingham Palace where I obviously had tea with the queen. Pinkies up!


I stood on more escalators in the past three days than I had ever before in my entire life (maybe a small exaggeration) because there were tons in the Tube stations!


A sampling of cars throughout the ages in the Science Museum.


Lisa with her coffee machines in the Science Museum (oh coffee...).


One of the awesome entrances to the Natural History Museum which reminded me of a mini Planet Earth from Epcot that was surrounded by things in Greek Mythology. The figure on the right is Atlas, the second from the right is Medusa, etc. Riding the escalator through the globe was a ton of fun and I'm glad that this was the first thing I saw in the History Museum.


Awwwwww...adorable dead baby turtles!


Someone said once that my "spirit animal" was a hyena, so I just had to get this picture.


This awesome hanging thing was at the entrance of the Victoria and Albert Museum.


It's William and Mary! Since I'm taking a class on the Glorious Revolution, I felt obligated to get this picture.


MY FAVORITE PICTURE EVER! HENRY VIII FOR THE WIN!


This really cool decoder thingie (or something). I wasn't really sure what it was, but every once in a while the strips of black and white would move and form letters and such.


Mmmm the gelato was awesome! I had mango and kiwi (the one closest to the camera) and Lisa had cherry.


And finally...for mom and Lisa...here are COLIN FIRTH'S HANDPRINTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment