Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Rest of Yesterday/Today

So I forgot to mention, but when I went into Brighton yesterday I got a cell phone!!! I can officially communicate with people over here now! And also, I got an international plan type thing (even though it's pay as you go) so I called mom and was able to talk to her fairly cheaply for 5 minutes! It wasn't a lot of time, but it was still awesome! Anyway, so today after classes I just hung around for a while and then my roommate (Stephanie) invited me to go to Bible study with her, which was awesome! There were a whole lot of really nice people there, and we sang and read some Bible verses and it was really fun! I'm definitely going to try to go back next week! Anyway, then we went to the big Sainsburys (kind of like Giant/Safeway) which had moving sidewalks to get into the store!!!!!!!! They were elevated moving sidewalks so they were basically flat escalators, but they were still really cool! Anyway, I got my first British jug of milk there (which I'm actually drinking right now), some raspberries, butter, and macaroni which I'm going to fix tomorrow! Overall, today was a very good day (and I figured I'd write about it while I remembered)!

No comments:

Post a Comment