Sunday, January 10, 2010
ENGLAND!!!!
So as you may have guessed from the title of this post...I'm officially in England!!! It took long enough and was stressful enough, but finally I'm here! The flight over was absolutely amazing because I got bumped up to business class so I had my own pod type seat where I was able to eat and sleep. British Airways provided dinner (chicken tikka marsala, salad, and a wildflower honey cheesecake) and breakfast (assorted fruits, a croissant, and a smoothie) and I had tea with both meals (real English tea with milk and everything!). Then once we landed I bought a bus ticket and rode the bus to Brighton. The only real difficult thing about my day was trying to find a taxi in Brighton to get me to campus, but I managed to find a place where taxis lined up and a very nice man drove me to campus. I checked in at York Hall (a 24 hour residence service thingie) and got sheets and my keys and I am now officially sitting in my room. I haven't met anyone yet (except a nice girl who helped me carry my sheets into my flat), but I have a roommate so hopefully she'll be able to introduce me to a lot of people! I start classes tomorrow (crazy I know) so I have less than 24 hours to fully figure everything out...needless to say I'm terrified!!!!! Oh well...the hard part is over with! I'm here in Falmer at the University of Sussex, ready to start what will hopefully be some of the best 5 1/2 months of my life!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Carey, Enjoyed reading your arrival blog. Sounds like lots of fun, excitement and good food. Keeping you in my thoughts. Will continue to enjoy reading your blog. Glad you created one.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Aunt Betty Sue
Man, first class? When I flew from Detroit to Amsterdam (14 hours), it was next to a guy that smelled like curry and mothballs!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got there, I'm just getting caught up on your blog posts.
Doug