Sunday, January 17, 2010

Brighton!


I got to sleep until 11:30 today which was AMAZING and then I just hung out until 1:30 when a couple of Clarkies and I went into Brighton to take pictures. Today was the first really nice and sunny day that we have had since I got here, so it was the perfect day to take pictures! We walked along the shore first and down the pier and then got some fish and chips. Then we headed into the town and bought some clothes and food and Primark and Sainsburys. Instead of writing a long post, I'm just going to describe the pictures because I think that would be best. The first picture is of the actual shore which is beautiful! The beach is pebbled which I'm not used to, but the water was gorgeous today and it will be even nicer when it gets warm out (it was about 7 degrees Celsius today). The second picture is a picture of my fish and chips which were really good! It was my first experience with British fish and chips and I was really glad that I got to experience it finally (and I'm sure that I'll have plenty of other opportunities. The third picture is of the entrance to the pier which was full of casino games, kids games, food vendors, and rides. It was huge and will be a great place to visit once it's nice out (I keep saying that, but it's true). The fourth picture is one of the streets of Brighton, which I just wanted to take so that you can see what the town generally looks like. Finally, the last picture is the Royal Pavilion which is completely out of the ordinary because it looks like a palace that belongs in the east. George IV built it when he traveled to Brighton during the late 1800s (?) and apparently the inside is really awesome, but I have not had the opportunity to go inside it yet (it costs money, so I'm trying to build up the suspense). So yeah, that's a summary of my trip to Brighton. I haven't done much else today, but my roommate and I are planning on making a cake in a bit so that should be really fun!

2 comments:

  1. More awesome pictures and the descriptions help. Wow, pebbles on the beach. Question--how do I figure out what 7 Celsius is for Fahrenheit?

    Pluto is stretched out on the floor snoring while I write this comment--smile!smile! ABSue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouldn't expect to see an onion dome, so much for tradition! Keep the pictures coming,

    Doug

    ReplyDelete