Thursday, January 21, 2010

S Club 7 (well...3)


Tuesday evening I cleaned up my room some (it's not quite as disgusting now) and then I talked to Danielle and mom on Skype! It was a very relaxing evening and I was glad for it because it seems like I've been having busy days all the time. As an example of how busy I am, Wednesday (yesterday) was probably the busiest day I've had since I've been here. I woke up early (blargh) for a 9am class-my second Kristallnact lecture. We discussed more background of Jewish history, specifically dealing with the Enlightenment and how Christian and Jewish philosophers interacted. After that class I ran to Abnormal and Clinical psychology (I only had 5 minutes to get to a classroom that was fairly far away) where we learned about OCD. It was a very interesting lecture because I didn't know much about obsessions or compulsions before, but this class taught me a lot more. Then when I got back I hung out in my room while Stephanie packed up and then I made brownies! Stephanie really wanted some chocolate brownies, and since I got the recipe from mom the other day I was able to make them (and I made the adjustments for measurements of course)! They turned out fairly well, but something went wrong with the oven, so the top and bottom of the brownies cooked, but the middle did not...but they were still very good and they all disappeared by 5:30 anyway (just between Stephanie and I). Around 6ish I helped her move out, which was really sad but it's alright because she doesn't live too far away now. After that, I came back to my room and read some more for my seminar and then at 8 I headed over to Gwen's flat so we could go see S Club 7! There were four of us total, (in the picture it's me, Anna, Gwen, and Molly) so we got on the 25 bus and headed to Brighton! Luckily the others knew where we were going, so I followed them and we finally got to Oceana! It turned out that instead of opening at 9 (like the flyer said), the Ice Club (first picture above) opened at 10:30, so we had to stand outside in the freezing cold for a while. However, we knew it was all worth it because we came to see S Club 7 (or at least the three members who decided to stay together). I took a picture of the flyer (see above), from left to right the members are: Bradley, Jo, and Paul. Once we got into the club we danced for a bit (there was a cool color-changing chandelier-see picture 2) while making sure that we stayed close to the stage. We were originally in about the second row of people, but as the time went on, people got more and more crowded. Eventually, everyone started jostling us and it got really uncomfortable, so at about 11:45 we gave up our prized position and moved to where we could actually breathe. I was sad that we had to give up our excellent spot, but once we got out of the crowd I was really happy because people were just being obnoxious. We kept getting really excited for S Club, but they didn't end up coming on until 12:45am, which was ridiculous seeing that the flyer only said that the club opened at 9 and said nothing about when S Club was going to be performing (they should have been better organized). However, dancing and hanging out was still really fun, and I was glad that we went. Anyway, finally S Club came on the stage and I was shocked (we were in the very back by now, but I was able to snap a couple of pictures). Paul was larger and hairier than he was before and Jo was a brunette (Bradley was about the same as he was before), and they had a pre-recorded track playing behind them while they kind of sang. It was really fun because the audience knew all of the words to all of the songs (or at least most of the audience did) so we were all about to sing along (or scream along as it turned out). By the time the show was over (a half an hour after it started), my voice was completely gone and I sounded like an adolescent male with the squeaks I was able to get out. Overall, I'm very glad that I went, but I'm also glad I only paid 4 pounds for it because it was not worth any more than that. It was a fun night and I'm very glad the others went because it would not have been fun by myself. We got back to Sussex at 2 and I went directly to bed because then, this morning I woke up at 8:20 (blargh) to go to my second seminar. The Kristallnacht seminar was alright, but kind of boring and I wish it wasn't so early and that my voice didn't make me sound like a 60 year old chain smoker (it's still gone from the show). I think it'll get better once we actually get further into the course and learn more about persecution of the Jews and how German Christian and Jewish relationships progressed into Kristallnact and then the Holocaust. I wish I was taking the Holocaust course here in order to brush up on that history, but this is a good class to take to learn about everything before the Holocaust. And now, time to nap before my second class at 1...and by "nap" i mean watch some sort of tv show. Guess who's getting to bed early tonight and sleeping in tomorrow. This girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment