Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Locked Out!
So today it started snowing again, which meant that my second lecture of the day was cancelled! However, I still had to go to my 9am class (boo) which was my first Kristallnact class!! Class was alright, but it seems that it's going to be very intense because we have a presentation (which isn't even graded), a proposal for a paper (worth 10% of our grade) and then the paper itself (worth 90% of our grade). Also, the syllabus seems to only go through the spring term, but the class lasts spring and summer...so I'm wondering if the summer term we just get to work on our paper (which would be great because it would give me time to TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!). Anyway, so after that lecture I came back to the flat, and realized that I got locked out! A nice maintenance man unlocked the door of the flat for me so at least I wasn't stranded in the cold, but I couldn't get into my room. I texted Stephanie who came to let me in at 11 (thank god) so for the hour in between I washed my flatmates' dishes (yes mom...I did dishes!). As soon as she let me in, I realized that my keys were in my jeans pockets the entire time...so moral of the story is: I need to remember where I put my keys (slash I need to get a lanyard). Ooh! So slightly more exciting news! I was chatting with Lisa last night about our spring break and where we want to go and we have decided on 5 (fairly close) places in no particular order: Romania. Austria, Poland, the Czech Republic, and Germany. Of course we will narrow down the cities and such and we might add a country or two, but 5 cities in a month seems like a good number to muah! And of course we will be doing lots of weekend travelling to Spain, France, Amsterdam, Belgium, etc. The far away places that I would love to make it to but don't know if I will have time are: Greece, Turkey, Morocco, and the Scandinavian countries. Of course I will continue to fill everyone in on my travel plans (and studying of course...) as time progresses...but for now I'm just really excited about the months to come!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment