Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rain, Rain Go Away...

This week may have been the rainiest week I have ever experienced in my life (probably not...but a little bit of exaggeration is always welcomed). Whenever it rains I always want to curl up in my bed and just listen to the rain while reading a good book, but unfortunately with two assignments due this week, I couldn't do that. Oh, and I'm severely limited in the good book department...boooooo...Anyway, Sunday I felt pretty sick so I didn't do much, except hang out with Reb. We attempted to watch 3 episodes of Psych online, but two of the episodes were loading really slowly (stupid internet), so we only made it through one episode in the amount of time that it would have taken to watch all three episodes, but it was still really fun because I got to hang out with Reb! Monday I didn't do much either, but I went to class and learned all about Ireland and Scotland and how they were affected by the Glorious Revolution which was actually a really cool topic. Then I went to salsa with Anna and Riley where I moved up a level. I am now no longer a beginner! At first it was pretty difficult to figure out what was going on and I felt like a klutzy mess, but after a while I got the hang of it and by the end I could successfully do the prima con la mama con la familia (or whatever the step was called). It didn't help that a lot of the guys didn't know what they were doing, but it made me feel a lot better about myself. After the class some random old guy asked me to dance and I did (because I was bored) and he was really good and I didn't know what I was doing...but I wasn't 100% horrible-especially since this was only my 4th salsa class EVER (one at Clark and three at Sussex). Ooh, and one of the salsa instructors needed girls to do a psych experiment so I got three pounds which is exactly the amount of a salsa class...yay free salsa class! Anyway, then Tuesday I finished up my assignment for Wednesday (a case analysis for Abnormal and Clinical) which was very difficult, but I managed to get the correct word count and I think it's alright. Then at 7 I went to Anna's flat so that all of the people going to Madrid could discuss what we want to do this weekend. We decided on bullfighting, art museums, clubbing, outside markets, etc. which should be really fun. Then I went to my friend Allie's birthday party for about 5 minutes and then came back to my room, revised my paper a bit, and then went to bed. Then (the freakiest part of my day) I learned that one of my flatmate's good friend's girlfriends died today (she had been in a coma since the weekend)...so that really freaked me out for a while. Wednesday morning I woke up, revised my paper a bit more, and then turned it in, hours before the deadline. The way we turn in papers is really strange here because (instead of turning them in in class) we have to take them to the department that the class is in (in this case, Psychology) and we have to turn in two copies of our work. I suppose it's good because that way it's harder to lose a copy, but still, printing things out is expensive! Then I came back to my room and worked on my History essay proposal for the rest of the day (booooo) and ended up finishing it in the evening. I decided to focus on women and how they were affected by the Glorious Revolution, and I think it's a pretty good essay topic-I just need to keep looking for primary sources. Stupid primary sources...ANYWAY...I woke up this morning nice and late (around 11 o'clock), headed off to the library and printed off my bus ticket for tomorrow, two copies of my essay plan, and my psychology office. Then I met with my psychology group to work on our poster presentation (poster apparently means powerpoint), but only 3/5s of our group ended up showing up so we decided that we're just going to meet on Monday instead...hopefully everyone can make it this time! Then I turned in my Glorious Revolution essay plan (again, hours before the deadline), bought stamps and mailed some things, and bought some milk! Then I came back and watched the latest episode of Psych and ate some chocolate with the milk I just bought...YUM! Ooh, I forgot to mention that yesterday I got a package from mom with some ideas for tours of Europe, chocolate, and a waist-belt thing which will come in handy for Madrid. Speaking of Madrid, this will definitely be my last blog post before leaving tomorrow at 5am (booooooo), but I should have a ton of pictures from the weekend!!! I charged my camera today so I have no excuses, so the next time you hear from me I'll be able to tell everyone everything about SPAIN! Yayyyyyyyyyy! Here's to an awesome weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment