It's hard to believe that right now there is more than a foot and a half of snow on the ground in MARYLAND and that they're going to have more snow tomorrow! How am I supposed to convince people that Maryland is the South now?? Anyway, it's been a while since I've written in my blog, but I figured I should write now before ridiculously exciting things happen that I'll have to write about later. Wednesday afternoon I hung out with Gwen and drank some English tea (I still love the concept of milk in tea) and then Anna and Riley came over and we booked our plane tickets for Madrid!!!! Then I found where the printers are (which will be very helpful this term) and printed out the articles for my seminar the next day. Then I re-read the articles (it was much easier having them on paper instead of on the computer) and then went out to a club with Gwen, Molly, and Jean. The club was alright, but no one was dancing so we ended up leaving around 11 and we went to RFC to get some chicken and chips (RFC is a knock-off of KFC, obviously-I think it stands for Royal Fried Chicken though-or Roasted Friend Chicken-or Ridiculous Fried Chicken). The Thursday I woke up early and went to my Kristallnact seminar which was okay, but I'm not a huge fan still. I wore my raincoat for the first time (from Windsor), and it worked out really well! It's a bit large, but that's alright because it can go over any of my coats! Then I met with my group for Abnormal and Clinical and we discussed our presentation topic-how schizophrenia is affected by social factors. Then I went to the lecture and from there I went to the store, bought some pre-made Chinese food and a cucumber and had dinner. I ended up hanging out with a huge crowd (mostly Clarkies) later and we just played cards (where I got to show off my awesome dealing skills), including Scum, a game which consumed my entire high school career. It's nice to know that if the "real world" doesn't pay off, I can always go work in Vegas! Friday morning I slept in and cleaned my room because I was going to meet up with Lisa!!! I put laundry in the washing machine and walked to the train station to meet Lisa!!! She was awesome and waited for me to finish laundry (the whole thing only took an hour instead of four because it cost money-good and bad) and then dropped off her stuff in my room. We then met up with Jen, Anna, and Gwen and went to Sainsburys where I did all of my grocery shopping. I bought veggies, fruit, chicken, a plate, etc. and while it was a lot of money, it will all be eaten! Then Lisa and I hung out for a while and then a huge group of Clarkies went into Brighton to eat dinner! I got a two course meal with a garlic/chili/olive oil pasta dish and a fabulous chocolate cake (that I shared of course). Then we all walked around Brighton a while and Lisa was able to see the sea! Well, since it was really late at night she couldn't really see it too well, but she got the general idea. We went back to Anna's room and played some poker with points, which was really fun (I got to deal some again!). Then we all scattered fairly early and Lisa and I went back to my room and chatted about our trip. We decided that Wednesday is a good day to work out the details, so I'm really excited! Then Saturday we slept in until 11ish and got ready to go into Brighton again. We walked around the Lanes and looked at cool clothes for a while (I didn't buy anything there) and then we went to Primark and Poundland where I bought tons of stuff for 15 dollars total! The most important part of that purchase was sweatpants because they're so comfortable and I can easily dance and just lounge around in them! I'm glad that Lisa got to fully experience Brighton because she really seemed to love it!!!!! Then we headed back to campus and split, and then an hour later everyone came over to my flat to eat leftover pizza and then we booked our hostel for Madrid!!! It was even more official! Anyway, then Jenn came over and we hung out for a while, and then we moved the "party" to her flat, which is in Brighthelm and much nicer than East Slope. Then Sunday we woke up and I walked Lisa to the train station (she didn't have any incidences like I did...thank goodness!!!!) and I had a fairly lazy day. I talked to mom for an hour on Skype which was awesome!!! I always love seeing her and Nyxie (dad and Firecracker weren't around) and I kind of saw the ridiculous amount of snow. Then I met up with Jen (Clark Jen) and a couple of her friends who are interested in travelling with Lisa and I for spring break, so hopefully that will happen!!! After that, I just hung out in my room and talked to Danielle on AIM which was amazing! We looked up bad 90s songs and just laughed (well, I'm assuming she did since we weren't on Skype). Then today I woke up and it was snowing here! I emailed mom and told her that she sent the curse of the snow to England, but it didn't stick and it didn't snow for too long, so it was alright. Then I planned out the trip with Lisa for a while. I don't want to bore you with the millions of times our plans changed, but basically our plan right now is...Krakow to Prague to Slovakia to Vienna to Budapest to Slovenia to Munich. For transportation and hostels it should only be around 900 dollars, but we'll see. As I said before, we aren't booking until Wednesday (maybe Thursday now) so we can actually decide on a concrete plan. Then, Gwen, Riley, and Anna came over and we booked our trip to East Anglia this weekend so we can visit Clarkies who are staying there! It should be really fun! Since then I've just been procrastinating, so now it's time to sleep and then back to work tomorrow...boooooo...good night everyone from England!!!!! But before I go, here are a few random pictures (since pictures are the best part of blogs anyway):

The sunset was absolutely beautiful, so I just had to take a picture.
I LOVE PSYCH SO MUCH! So I decided to just take a picture of the screen while I was watching it...don't judge me...
Aaaand finally, a picture of the snow from this morning. You can't even really see it, but if you look closely you can see it falling. Absolutely nothing compared to Maryland right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment